About this Blog:

Stay tuned to this blog for updates on the film, responses to your questions, and posts from the filmmakers and twins.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Little Golden and Back From Hawii

Clair here, The Rainbow Film Fest was a great reason to visit the Islands and get some color on my pasty white body. Although I felt like a amateur next to the dried up beach babes greased in fat. But the film was a huge success at the Fest where we had a fun and had a supportive audience.
My mom was part of the Q & A which was a trip because she was very elegant and reached the community and many of the parents in the audience. A mother of gay or questioning twin boys as well as a adopted transgender daughter was among them. Amazing!!!! She thanked us for sharing our story and she gave a voice to her children and spoke of her own pain or lose. She spoke of her children's sexual abuse and how devastating was for children to keep that secret alone because she had wished that she loved them so much but could do nothing she said. I Thanked her for her bravery and assured her that like this film there can be joyous end for her also.
It is not that my family and others who have come to some understanding with each other or the pain of there past do not still have challenges but one becomes better prepared or equipped for those life lessons. One can master any circumstance by coming to some kind of inner truth or understanding that every experience is about change and with fluidity it will pass. Knowing that we can be and we are everything and anything through this journey of remembering we come to see the true essence of the entire spiritual collective.
In end I feel relaxed and grateful for all the peaceful times I had with my mom and Jen shopping, laying on the beaches, watching the fishes in the tide poles. I know this fun will last forever Love Clair K.J.
Red without Blue ~ rock star
Look out for an update next week from the Portland Queer Doc film fest. Hope to see you there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Claire, I had the pleasure of watching your movie in Honolulu. I wanted to say hello to you and your brother and compliment you both on the courage it took to share your story while you were going through so much. I am a friend of Kim Coco's and we had discussed what a nice change it is to see a story that doesn't end in tragedy, one that shows so many ladies out there that good things can happen for them as well. But I guess I didn't want to add to the gush of accolades you two were already getting (does that make sense?). Anyways, I have several transgendered friends and hope to bring a few to the Frameline, San Francisco International LGBT Film Festival to see it, I hope they will be inspired. Maybe I will get to say hello too. Good luck to you both and I wish you two much happiness.

~Corey Downing
peetnik@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Aloha Claire, Mark, Jenny, Jennifer, David and the production crew of Red Without Blue! I was born/raised in Hawaii, but currently live in Seattle. I am a m-f TS and currently going through transition. I am scheduled for SRS next year in the summer which works well for my schedule as I am a teacher. I saw your movie at the SIFF and I have to say I left the theater in tears. Your story is so touching and I also want to thank you for sharing it with the world. It certainly gives me hope and strength that things will work out for me in the end. Take care and Aloha!

~Nani~

nohea_kanani@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Clair,

I wanted to say how amazing it was to be in the audience last night at Outfest here in L.A., watching this wonderful film. I was sitting next to a girl who in the Q and A section stated she had lived across the street from you and Mark and she knew "Ladd". She was so moved by the film as was I.

I am post-op since'79 at age 22 and can so identify with some of the issues presented in the film. My mom was deceased when I trasitioned but my dad was there all the way. The acceptance and caring and complete support that your dad gave you so reminded me of my dad once he was able to embrace what it was I needed to do to be me. By the way I had vaginal revision surgery the very day you had your SRS. Mine was in Walnut Creek near Oakland. How ironic!!!

I saw in the end credits the names Gayle Roberts and Cecilia Chung. I happen to know these gals and plan to speak with them to tell them I saw the film and ask what they contributed.

I came away from the screening feeling so happy for all of you and proud to know you are doing so well.
I would love to chat with you some time. I also plan to try to see the film again when possible.

The very best wishes to you and to Mark,

Cheryl Hoffman

Anonymous said...

Hi Clair,

Just watched the film and I wanted to tell you and your family how much I admire all of you.

You and your brother are special, sensitive souls. Not everyone will appreciate that, but don't doubt it and don't lose sight of it. Remember, life is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Hold on to each other and to that which has true meaning.

I also wanted to tell you that you are beautiful. You shine!

Take care of yourselves. With love from someone who pretends to be male and who has not had the courage to travel your road.

Anonymous said...

Hi Clair!

To you, your brother, the rest of your family and loved ones, and everyone involved in your film, I just wanted to say 'Thank You'!

In many ways, I'm in your position, but because of when I was born, and many other reasons I can't get into, I was not able to make the physical change you did myself - As the saying goes: "Of all the words of mouth and pen, the saddest words are: It might have been" (I've probably butchered the quote, but I'm sure you and many readers will understand).

My life could have been different, perhaps, if I was born in a different time (and family), but I am so happy to see all of the young people like you, who have a chance to become the beautiful young ladies that they/you always were inside.
[See: http://www.secondtype.com/young.htm ]

I'm sorry for your hard times, but I rejoice in your happiness - Please know that your story, your movie, and your life/lives have touched me deeply, and I hope the rest of your life brings you much happiness and good health.

Also, PLEASE give my thanks and love to your brother, your family & other loved ones, and to everyone involved in making "Red Without Blue" - I know it won't magically transform the world into a different place for those of us who are/were 'born different', but I DO Believe it will help many people to understand, and to get (or give) help in allowing people to become their 'True Selves'.

You are a beautiful and inspirational young lady, and the world is a much better place with you in it! ...your mother and brother are quite special, too, I don't mean to overlook them, but I can relate just a little bit more to you.

Please be Happy and Healthy,
Someone Who Understands (at least partially)
;-) <3

ps: I'm so jealous that you turned out to be such a beautiful young lady! (said with respect and admiration, not in any way intended to be disrespectful or inappropriate) :giggle: